Food and tobacco are analysed for numerous chemical, physical and microbiological parameters.
In this field, PiCA specialises in the investigation of residuals, for example from food contact materials and other undesirable substances. Also in this respect, we are able to provide you with a broad range of analyses.
Selection of parameters from the analyses offered by PiCA
- plasticisers (e. g. phthalates, adipates, sebacates, citrates, PCB, PCT, chlorinated paraffins, DEHM, DEHF, ESBO etc.)
- phosphorous flame retardants (tributyl phosphate, diphenyl ethylhexyl phosphate, etc.)
- aldehydes (acetaldehyde, formaldehyde etc.) in spirits
- humectants (glycols) in tobacco
- cyclic diglycerines in wine
- fumigants (methyl bromide, dibromomethane, ethylene dibromide)
- furan and benzene in baby food
- metaldehyde in hops
- residual solvents in fats and oils