Investigations of building materials and other materials in indoor spaces are primarily carried out when burdens have already been determined. For instance, house dust analyses can serve as an orientation.
In any case, we strongly recommend material analyses if contamination due to former uses cannot be ruled out. This criterion may become relevant for you if you plan to purchase a property that comprises a contaminated area or if you plan to move into an old industrial building. We will gladly advise you on your individual needs.
Undesirable surprises can be avoided by investigating building products prior to their use for renovation and redevelopment measures. The analysis of such products is one of our main focus areas.
PiCA investigates, for example
- sealing materials for PCB, CP, phthalates, organotin compounds,
- wallpapers for o-PP, TCEP, plasticisers,
- adhesives for monomeres, solvents, plasticisers
- paints for VOC, plasticisers, preservatives,
- carpets for VOC, plasticisers, insecticide equipment
- timber products for terpenes, aldehydes, organic acids.