Wood is treated with wood preservatives and flame retardants against pests (insects, fungi), climatic conditions, and for fire protection. The agents contained in these preservatives can degas and be distributed throughout the entire indoor space, either through the air or by contact with house dust.
In particular cases, we recommend an investigation for substances and compounds that can be hazardous to human health at an early stage.
This applies, in particular
- prior to the development of attic storeys,
- prior to the conversion of old manufacturing sites into offices and
- prior to the purchase of a property.
We also recommend an analysis in case of health impairments of occupants. Depending on the history of the building, we offer special analyses for several parameters.
PiCA carries out investigations for the detection of compounds such as
- inherited hazardous wood preservatives (PCP, DDT, Lindane, chloronaphthalenes, PAH etc.)
- modern wood preservatives (azoles, pyrethroids etc.)
- organotin compounds (MBT, DBT, TBT etc.)