In the investigation of waste, PiCA supports you with thorough analyses, for instance in the demolition of buildings formerly used for chemical manufacturing.
One of our focal points is the investigation of waste for the presence of noxious contaminants, the results of which are essential for further consultations with the waste authority as to whether the analysed waste must be declared as hazardous. Hereafter it is decided whether this waste must be burned, can be brought to a landfill or can be built in again.
Among others, PiCA tests for the presence of
- phenolic compounds, plasticisers
- brominated flame retardants
- phosphorous flame retardants
- poly-aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
- organotin compounds
- musk compounds
- aromatic and alipathic amines
- persistent organochlorides (PCB, PCT, chlorinated paraffins)
- sulfur compounds (thioethers, mercaptans etc.)